These workshops are a refresher and introduction for teachers working with children from 3-6 years. Each workshop includes an introduction to the Montessori principles applied to the subject area, and then focuses on the specific materials and extension activties that can be introduced to the children. If you are feeling like your classroom needs refreshment or you struggle with these areas, this is the workshop for you!
There will be a practical component and a chance to share your experiences with others. The workshops are held at our fully-equipped Montessori training room in Meilen, Zurich.
Sat, November 13, 2021
|Cultural Explorations: |
|Sat, January 15, 2022||Cultural Explorations: |
Music, World of Animals and Plants
|Sat, February 5, 2022||Cultural Explorations: |
Geography, Experiments, History
|To be announced||Cultural Explorations: |
Course content Art (13.11.2021)
- Theoretical introduction to Cultural Discovery (known as extension material)
- Historical review of Art
- Connection to cultural discovery
- Concrete demonstrations of art in the children’s house
- Getting to know supplementary material in order to make seasonal offerings and to change out materials
- To be able to try out the material, to explore and to do art by yourself
- Sharing experiences and learning about materials and their performances from other participants. Using movement analysis and knowledge of the economy of movement to analyze these new performances.
Montessori CH Ausbildungszentrum, Alte Landstrasse 153, 8706 Meilen
The workshop is presented in German with translation to English.
CHF 180.- per workshop
You may enrol for as many days as you wish.
The workshop will be held with a minimum of 7 participants.
Information concerning whether the course will take place will follow one week before the workshop.
The workshop is held by Sybille Niederberger
Sybille Niederberger is a qualified kindergarten teacher and lives in Lucerne. She has been working with children for more than 30 years. She worked originally in the state schools and from 2014 at the Rietberg Montessori School in Zurich. She completed her AMIi 3-6 diploma in Baldegg, Lucerne. As a painting teacher, Sybille has worked for 8 years in her own studio in Lucerne with children and adults. Art, visual design and handicrafts also accompany her in her free time.